The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3... just 5 actually

This is a place for club members to talk all things Disc Golf and all things non Disc Golf.

The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3... just 5 actually

Postby Mergz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:15 am

Well it was a bad week-end for New York sports – The Red Sox swept the Yankees, the Washington Capitals forced a 7 game playoff series with the NY Rangers as did the Carolina Hurricanes with the NJ Devils.

However, on Saturday 4.25.2009 I played the disc golf course at George Muldoon Park in Pelham, NH, and produced my first ever ACE on hole #5. It was a perfect throw of an orange ESP buzz, given to me by the one and only Patrick Knight. A little anhyzer to start and it faded back into the middle of the chains. I wish you guys were there. It brought up memories of the ACES I witnessed. The good news: there were witnesses (Jay & RJ): the bad news: Now I need another ESP buzz.

I’m planning on playing Maple Hill (and perhaps Pyramids) in Leicester, MA (pronounced Lester) next week-end.

Also, Jay (from above) informed me of this web-site: http://www.dgcoursereview.com, which is a great little nugget.
Mergz
Decent Individual

Re: The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3... just 5 actually

Postby Stick » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 am

Maple Hill is the best course in the country. It has three layouts, so unless your there for a couple of days you may not want to play Pyramids, even though it's better than most courses. Check out the pro shop at Pyramids. I bet you buy a disc. Tell Jason, Stick said Hi. And one word of advice. DO NOT pet Pierre the german shepard.
Stick
NorCal Champ

Re: Maple Hill & Pyramids

Postby Mergz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:10 am

Hey Stick,

Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll play Pyramids another day. I'll definitely pass on the "hello."

Cheers,

Chris
Mergz
Decent Individual

Re: The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3... just 5 actually

Postby Stick » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:37 pm

So, what did you think of Maple Hill?
Stick
NorCal Champ

AWESOME!

Postby Mergz » Mon May 04, 2009 10:54 am

AWESOME! I love the layouts and the signage. It took me a while to catch on to the color coded rods on the tee pads but man what is it great. I met Steve and another guy who told me about a bunch of different courses in New England.

I played 1 round of whites and then about 6 holes of reds, then I started looking for my discs in the Loch.

Beautiful Layout, virtually empty. A few water shots. I lost 4 discs, got 1 back and found a bunch in the woods and water. And I managed to replace my ACE ESP Buzz but stepped up to the Crystal Buzz. Next week I'll get to Pyramids.

Oh And uh... I did not pet the German Shephard.

Thanks again for the tips.
Mergz
Decent Individual

Return to General Disc-ussion