Founded in 1997, the San Francisco Disc Golf Club is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the sport of disc golf and fostering a sense of community for disc golfers. Our primary goal is to build permanent disc golf courses, complete with baskets, in the San Francisco area. In 2005, this hard work paid off when the former 12-hole trial course in Golden Gate Park was approved for expansion to the 18 hole permanent course that thousands of players enjoy today.
The San Francisco Disc Golf Club continues to maintain their beloved disc golf course which officially opened in 2007 and continues to attract more and more golfers each day. Every time we play disc golf we are ambassadors for our sport, and we endeavor to promote disc golfing as an environmentally and socially beneficial sport. We prove on a daily basis that disc golf is challenging and rewarding for people from all ages and backgrounds, and that the sport coexists amicably with other recreations in urban parks.
The San Francisco Disc Golf Club continues to maintain their beloved disc golf course which officially opened in 2007 and continues to attract more and more golfers each day.
- We are establishing a sizeable membership base of disc golfers in San Francisco and Northern California and developing that base into a voice.
- We are establishing ourselves and our sport as responsible members of the San Francisco community, and establishing that disc golf courses would have positive impacts on their respective parks and communities within the City of San Francisco.
- We are encouraging the growth of the sport by offering beginners the opportunity to come out and learn disc golf in a friendly, rewarding environment.
- We are offering weekly tournaments and a handicapping system for disc golf competitors.
- We are hosting an annual San Francisco Disc Golf Safari Tournament.
- We are maintaining a world class disc golf course in San Francisco, CA.
- We are planning the expansion of disc golf on the peninsula.
Join our mailing list for more information , or contact usÂ through the website to become more involved in one of our committees.
We appreciate all feedback from members and non-members alike.