December 4, 2013 in Uncategorized by Shawn M.
- The name of the Club will be the San Francisco Disc
Golf Club, Incorporated (or Inc), hereafter referred to as the SFDGC
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Promote interest in Disc Golf.
- Actively promote a spirit of goodwill and friendship
for all people involved in the activities of Disc Golf.
- Make the San Francisco community and all associated
governments aware of the benefits of Disc Golf as an outdoor activity
and a sport.
- Assist in the promotion and running of San Francisco
Disc Golf events.
- The property and income of the Club shall be applied
solely towards the promotion of the stated objectives or purposes of
the Club and no part of that property or income may be paid or
otherwise distributed, directly or indirectly, to members of the Club,
except in good faith in the promotion of the objectives stated herein.
- CLUB PREMISES:
- The Clubs premises shall be at an address determined
by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- Any person who is interested in Disc Golf shall be
eligible for membership.
- There are two categories of membership: Full Financial
Members and Friends of SFDGC.
- The membership fee to be paid to the SFDGC by the each
category of member is defined as such:
- $40.00 per year for Full Financial Members.
- 5.00 per year for Friends of SFDGC. *****STILL
- Register of Members:
- The Elected Treasurer will, on behalf of the Club,
keep and maintain the register of members and that register shall be
kept and maintained at the Committee memberâ€™s place of residence.
- The Committee member shall delete the name of any
person who ceases to be a member of the Club from the register of
- Membership Benefits are as follows:
- Full Financial Members: Voting Rights, club disc
upon Membership payment or renewal, right to purchase club discs at
$6.00 per disc, subscription to PARâ€”the SFDGC newsletter.
- Friends of SFDGC: Voting Rights, subscription to
PARâ€”the SFDGC newsletter.
- VOTING RIGHTS
- All members will be entitled to vote on any resolution
and each member will be entitled to one vote, given in person.
- All voting matters will be decided by a simple
majority, except in the case of amendments to this constitution and in
the case of election of office bearers where only one nomination is
received and then a 75% majority is required.
- Only Executive Committee members are entitled to vote
at Executive Committee meetings.
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
- The positions of President, Secretary and Treasurer
will be voted on at the Annual General Meeting. If at the Annual
General Meeting there is only one nominee for the Position of President
and there is not a 75% acceptance of the nominee by the Annual General
Meeting then the previous President will remain in office until an
acceptable nominee is elected by another Annual General Meeting or
Special General Meeting.
- The Executive Committee will consist of the President,
Secretary, Treasurer and any other Executive Officer duly elected at
the Annual General Meeting. All members of the SFDGC Executive
Committee will be announced at the Annual General Meeting.
- The President has one vote, plus a casting vote in any
matter of concern.
- Remuneration will not be payable to Executive
Committee members, who will act in an honorary capacity in the function
of an Executive Committee Member of the SFDGC.
- If an Executive Committee member wishes to retire,
then he/she must inform the other Executive Committee members by letter
of resignation and that casual vacancy will be filled by the Executive
Committee for the duration of the term.
- A casual vacancy may exist on the Executive Committee
if a Committee Member
- Resigns by written notice delivered to the
- Is permanently incapacitated by mental or physical
- All members of the Executive Committee must be Full
Financial Members of the SFDGC at the time of taking office.
- POWERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
- The control of the Club will be in the hands of the
Executive Committee who will:
- Consider, and where necessary, authorize
expenditure of any payment of accounts.
- Fill a casual vacancy on the Executive Committee
by appointment until the next Annual General Meeting.
- From time to time, institute any regulations or
rules considered necessary for the day to day operations of the Club;
such regulations to be confirmed or amended at the subsequent Annual
- Determine categories of membership, and
appropriate scale of membership fees, to be confirmed or amended at the
subsequent Annual General Meeting.
- Invest the funds of the Club from time to time as
it sees fit.
- A quorum of the Executive Committee will consist of
not less than two (2) Committee members personally present.
- A quorum of members will consist of not less than four
members personally present.
- The funds of the Club, together with its income and
any property, will be under the sole management control of the
- The Executive Committee will cause proper books of
accounts to be maintained, recording a true account of the financial
transactions of the Club and of all the receipts and expenditures and
the assets and liabilities of the Club.
- The accounts of the Club will be closed annually as of
the 31st of December.
- Accounts for payment will be authorized by the
- The accounts of the Club will be audited annually. The
Executive Committee will appoint the honorary Auditor.
- The bank account may be operated on by any two
Committee members or any one Committee member and one other person as
agreed by the Executive Committee.
- An Annual General Meeting will be held once per year
with thirty days notice to active members at a minimum.
- Annual General Meetings will be called at the
discretion of the Executive Committee members but must be held no later
than 15 (fifteen) months from the prior Annual General Meeting.
- The Chairman of all General Meetings shall be the
President, or in their absence, an Executive Committee member appointed
by the other Committee members shall then preside for that meeting.
- Only paid members of the Club will be entitled to vote
at the meetings of the Club.
- AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION:
- Alterations or amendments to the Constitution will be
determined by vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Proposed alterations or amendments can be presented at
the Annual General Meeting or at a meeting called for that express
- A 75% majority vote of all votes received is required
to amend the Constitution.
- INSPECTION OF RECORDS, ETC. OF THE CLUB:
- Any member may at a reasonable time inspect, without
charge, the books, documents, records and securities of the Club.
- The Club, may be dissolved or wound-up by a resolution
of any ordinary or general meeting called for such purpose. If upon the
dissolution or winding-up of the Club there remains, after the
satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever,
the same shall not be paid to or distributed amongst the members of the
Club, but shall be given or transferred to some other Club or
institution having objects similar, wholly or in part to the objects of
this Club. Should no Club be found with similar objectives, the
proceeds amounted from property owned, shall be given to a recognized
SF Weekly 11/24/13 Results & Standings